We invite you to take some time to discern more deeply if God may be calling you to the Religious Life. If you are a single woman, between the age of 18 and 30, and wish to know more about the deep bonds that unite us as a religious family, what it means to belong completely to Christ, and if the spirit of Carmel resonates in your soul, join us for this retreat!
Chosen – For Greater Things You Were Born 2020 – 2021
March 12 – 14, 2021 | Virtual Retreat
Retreats for single women, between the ages of 18-35 who would like to take some time
to seriously discern if God may be calling them to the Religious Life.
To RSVP, please use the registration form below.
For more information, please contact: Sister Maria Goretti, OCD
(626) 557-5816 or email email@example.com
Please also feel free to contact Sister Maria Goretti, Vocation Directress, if you would like to talk about your discernment and future discernment opportunities with our community. May God bless you!
Please complete the Discernment form as the first step of registering for the retreat.
Discernment Retreat Inquiry Form
Chosen – For Greater Things | March 12 – 14, 2021 | Carmelite Sisters
Complimentary Virtual Retreat, Sign up by Thursday, March 11th, 12:00 PM Pacific Time
We are ALL chosen by our Heavenly Father for “greater things.” We invite you to take a weekend for prayer and open your heart to hear His word and discern more closely His will for your life.
You will learn about the foundations of discernment, what the Church says religious life is, the spirituality of Carmel, and how to discern next steps. This virtual discernment retreat is open to single Catholic women ages 18-30 who are open to discerning a vocation to religious life. You will receive an e-mail on Friday, 3/12/21 at 7:00 AM (PT) with the link to the content page and the Zoom meeting invite information.
Four of our Sisters will lead this retreat:
|Sr. Maria Goretti, OCD
Sister Maria Goretti is originally from South Louisiana and entered the Carmelite Sisters in 2010. Sister professed her Perpetual Vows in 2019 and has served in a variety of roles for her community’s apostolates, including marketing and development. She currently serves as Vocation Directress.
|Sister Joseph Francesca, OCD
Sister Joseph Francesca was raised in Lincoln, NE and entered the Carmelite Sisters in 2011. Sister recently professed her perpetual vows in July 2020 and had thousands join her on that special day via livestream! Sister has served in our education and healthcare apostolates and currently serves in the Vocation Office.
|Sister Grace Helena, OCD
Sister Grace Helena was born in Michigan, later moved to Arizona and has been a Carmelite Sister for 22 years. Sister has served as a teacher, Vocation Directress, and in our healthcare apostolate. She currently serves and studies at Franciscan University in Steubenville, OH.
|Sister Regina Marie, OCD
Sister Regina Marie was raised in Los Angeles and has been a Carmelite Sister for 46 years. She holds a Masters in Theology and Christian Ministry from Franciscan University in Steubenville, OH. Sister has served as Superior General, Vicar General, Directress of Novices, Junior High teacher and public speaker
Friday, March 12, 2021
- Before 5:00 PM [PST] | View all intro videos
- Before 5:00 PM [Your Time] | Conference 1: Foundations of Discernment
- Suggested Prayer Time | Take at least 15 minutes of quiet time to pray through Conference 1
- 4:45 PM [PST] | Zoom Q&A + Retreatant Sharing
- 30 Minutes Before Going to Bed | Night Prayer
Saturday, March 13, 2021
- 6:30 AM [PST] | Livestream: Morning Prayer with the Sisters followed by Holy Mass
- Before 10:00 AM [Your Time] | Conference 2: Religious Life
- 10:15 AM [PST] | Zoom Rosary with Exposition and Reflections
- Between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM [Your Time] | Virtual Tours and Interviews
- Suggested Prayer Time | Take at least 30 minutes of quiet prayer time before listening to the Examen Prayer
- Before 1:00 PM [Your Time] | Examen Prayer
- Before 3:00 PM [Your Time] | Conference 3: Carmelite Spirituality and Our Community
- 3:30 PM [PST] | Zoom Q&A + Retreatant Sharing
- 5:15 PM [PST] | Livestream: Solemn Salve and Evening Prayer with the Sisters
- Suggested Prayer Time | Take at least 30 minutes of quiet prayer time after listening to Conference 3
- 7:15 PM [PST] | Zoom Recreation with the Sisters
- 30 Minutes Before Going to Bed | Night Prayer
Sunday, March 14, 2021
- 7:00 AM [PST] | Livestream: Holy Mass with the Sisters
- Before 11:00 AM [Your Time] | Morning Prayer on your own (resources provided)
- Suggested Prayer Time | Take at least 30 minutes of quiet prayer time sometime in morning to pray through the material received thus far on the retreat before you listen to Conference 4
- Before 2:00 PM [Your Time] | Conference 4: Next Steps
- Suggested Prayer Time | Take at least 15-30 minutes of quiet prayer time after listening to Conference 4
- 2:45 PM [PST] | Zoom Q&A + Retreatant Sharing, Closing Prayer
- After Your Retreat | Post Retreat Examen
One-on-one Meeting with a Sister
There will be an opportunity to meet one-on-one with a sister during your retreat. More information will be provided when you register.
Saturday, March 20, 2021
- 3:30 PM [PST] | Zoom Post-Retreat Reunion!
If you have questions on upcoming discernment retreats, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.