By Carmelite Sisters
Life is full of new beginnings. This begins in the family by getting to know all the ins and outs of daily life. Our spiritual life has new beginnings as well. Each day we grow more and more in our knowledge and love of God. Here are some practical tips on “Getting to Know” Jesus in our life.
- Read the lives of the Saints. What better way to know someone than from their best friends.
- Take a moment, close your eyes and hold your hand out. Picture Jesus holding your hand in return.
- Count your blessings and let yourself be loved. The Face of Christ can be found in the smallest gifts and this is how He shows His affection for you!
- Listen to spiritual talks or conferences.
- Talk to Him! Listen as well, in Adoration and in your heart, but speak with Him about everything.
- Eucharistic Adoration: you have to spend time with someone to get to know him!
- Five minutes of silence and stillness, no cell phone, no music, no distractions, just be with Him.
- Attend Mass – listen to His Word and meet his friends!
- Spend some time with a spiritual person you admire.
- Read the Bible. We get to know Jesus by learning about His life, what He did and said. Try to picture the stories about Jesus in your mind. Let them come alive by using your imagination!